- “Do you celebrate Halloween in your home?”
Yes! Not only Halloween but Christmas too. All holidays have pagan origin and the Bible says, all days are evil, and the Bible tells us to “redeem” these evil days (Ephesians 5:16). So, my husband and I teach our kids how to redeem these evil days whether people give names to these days saying, “Halloween” or “Christmas.” What matters the most for us is what we do with the days. We always strive to worship and lift up Jesus Christ in everything we do and say.
- “Is it biblical to marry a man who had been divorced and with children?”
There is no “one” answer for this kind of question. Every case has to be seen and treated separately since every case is unique. But it is always good not to decide anything by yourself. Make sure you seek help and counsel from your local church leaders who know you and the person you are thinking of marrying so they can guide in the right direction.
- “What books do you recommend for first time parents?”
“Bringing up Boys” and “Bringing up Girls” by Dr. James Dobson (two books)
- “I was dating a man from my church. I am a singer in our church choir and he plays keyboard. We dated for a year or so but we were living in sin. We used to have sex but one day we decided to stop and confess our sin to the church leaders. We did that and we got disciplined by the church leaders. And we decided to get married. Then we let the leaders know. Then he said he didn’t want to marry me. I sacrificed a lot to be with him. I let go off many of my opportunities just to be where he is now. I also had to do abortion in the middle of our dating because he said that it would destroy our names in our church. After all that, he said, he doesn’t want to marry me. I tried to forget him but I couldn’t. What can I do?”
The solution is for you to decide to stay in this season of crying and praying before God until God says enough. If God wants to discipline you by letting you go through this, so be it. God is a merciful God. He won’t leave you there. He will restore your life in His time. But please don’t go back to this guy. Please let him go and don’t look back. Just look up and seek mercy and grace from God.
- “How can I live with tough parents?” From a teenager
As long as you live with your parents and you are financially dependent on them, God expects you to obey and honor your parents. You have to live according to their rules. If they have curfew, you have to respect that. The Bible says, “Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” (Deuteronomy 5:16)
- “When you speak how big age differences in a marriage affects a marriage, I was very upset because the word of God tells us that Adam was 30 years old when God created him and Eve was 15.”
I have no idea what your source is. The Bible doesn’t give us any age for Adam nor Eve, so I don’t know what source you are talking about. The only source I use in this ministry is the Bible and the Bible doesn’t say that. So, it is always good to make sure that we are using the Bible when we speak of God, the One and only true God, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- “I have been dating a guy in my church for a couple years now. We now decided to get married. However the other day, we went to one prayer meeting and one prophet prophesied on us saying, “God says, your marriage decision is not from me. So, don’t get married.” – Both of us were shocked because we prayed about our decision. We both love each other and we’ve known each other since childhood. So, how do we know the will of God for our lives? Do we need to listen to the prophet?”
I made one video on this same topic. So, here is the link: