The ten major signs of domestic violence and abuse reported on the Safe Horizon website are as follows:
1. Accuse you of cheating and being disloyal?
2. Make you feel worthless?
3. Hurt you by hitting, choking or kicking you?
4. Intimidate and threaten to hurt you or someone you love?
5. Threaten to hurt themselves if they don’t get what they want?
6. Try to control what you do and who you see?
7. Isolate you?
8. Pressure or force you into unwanted sex?
9. Control your access to money?
10. Stalk you, including calling you constantly or following you.
If you see any of the above signs in your relationship with your spouse or “significant other” – a person you’re planning to marry, seek help for yourself first. Then if it is safe, seek help for your spouse or significant other.
There is no marriage nor love at the presence of any sort of abuse, physical, mental and emotional abuse.
Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1−800−799−7233 or TTY 1−800−787−3224 – ///