For those of you, my lovely English speaking followers, this is pretty much what I am saying in this video:
The message is to stay-at-home-moms:
- Make sure you draw your strength and comfort from God; and to do that, you need to keep your relationship with the Holy Spirit and the word of God.
- By you staying home with your kids, you are saving your whole family things that money can’t buy things such as peace, joy and sense of well-being and you also save your marriage.
- When people ask you what you’re doing, don’t say, “Nothing! I’m just staying home.”
- Instead say, with full confidence, “I am raising the next generation!” Don’t let anyone speak down on your role as a stay-at-home-mom.
- When your kids come to you and say, “Mom, so and so’s mother has a job. If you work, we will have more money and we will be able to buy bigger house and nice cars,” take that as a God-given opportunity to speak eternal truth into your kids’ soul. Don’t think they are little kids. If they can speak and hear, start speaking the truth about marriage, the benefit of mothers raising their kids and more.
- Be effective and productive as a stay-at-home mom. Read! Read! Read! Yes, strive to read and study your Bible; read different commentaries. Read also books written by spiritual authors. I personally love to read books which talk about the season of life I am in. So, when I was raising my three kids, while I was breastfeeding and doing diaper and whatnot, I read books written by Dr. James Dobson, bringing up boys or bringing up girls and more. In that way, I learn as I walk through it.
- And save your motherhood from being stolen by social media. I can only imagine what it would be like to raise my three kids if I was raising them now. Yes, the pressure is tense! So, be very careful! Social media can steal your joy and peace and it can actually steal you from your kids.
- Build healthy relationship with other like-minded mothers who you can pray and fellowship with. ///