A4P Guest: I am 34 years old and my wife is 31. We had a one-year old son and it’s been 8 months since my wife slept with me. She is sleeping in the living room. She has no interest for sex. And when I heard some of your video messages, and heard you speak about porn, I couldn’t help but say, “This woman has no clue about real life!” I mean, are you going to judge me for watching porn in my situation?
A4P: Hmm! Since you didn’t tell me anything about your spirituality, I really don’t know how to answer your question. So, let me do this. I will give you five choices and choose one that best describes your spirituality:
- You are not a believer in Christ Jesus,
- You are a believer but you don’t believe that God cares about the detail of your life but you always find yourself going around and looking for a prophet to prophesy on you and make you rich, famous and healthy,
- You are a believer but you are not into reading the Bible and praying every day sort of life. You just go to church whenever you feel like it,
- You grew up in a Christian home and Christianity is the only religion you know but it means nothing to you. Sometimes when you get a chance, you like to chat with Christians about life issues and you enjoy shaming them about things they know nothing about,
- You are a believer, a serious one who walks with Christ Jesus and reads and studies the word of God and prays. You go to church as often as you can. Your life goes through the ups and downs just like everybody, but other than that you describe yourself as a serious Christian.
So, tell me. Which one, from the above five choices, best describes you?
A4P Guest: Why is this important? Why don’t you just answer my simple and direct question? Why do you complicate things?
A4P: I want to speak to your level so I won’t miss you. Or, if you want to, you can go ahead and describe your spiritual condition to me.
A4P Guest: Okay, #5 describes me better.
A4P: Wonderful! So, as a believer and follower of Jesus Christ, why are you afraid to be judged by another Christian? Haven’t you read what the word of God says?
“For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.” (1 Corinthians 11:31)
“Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!” (1 Corinthians 6:3)
So, my dear brother in Christ, buckle your seat belt and listen to me carefully. I am writing this with every love and respect I have for you, you for whom Jesus Christ gave His life. No intention to judge you but to help you see the truth.
If your sexual desire is the one to tell you what to do, how to tackle the next life problem and how to enjoy life and if you obey what your sexual desire tells you to do, you may as well call your sexual desire “your god” and deny Jesus.
I wish your question was something like, “I’m praying and fasting hard but I find this battle hard to win. I neither know how to help my wife nor myself. I don’t want to sin against God and I am tired of dealing with the consequences of my sin which very much can also affect my one year old son directly and indirectly. So, please help me.” But unfortunately, your question is not like that.
My brother, attack and fight with your own flesh not with the person who has communicated the truth with you. Be wise! ///
P. S. What are the two or three key takeaway messages from the above post?