The one major way a Christian girl expresses her love to her “soon-to-be-husband” is by protecting him from lusting after her body before marriage.
If you are a girl dating that young handsome man, love your man in the following five simple and basic principles:
- When you guys go out for a cup of coffee or tea, make sure you dress appropriately (covering much of your body). If this man is the man you want to marry, you don’t want him to trip in a sexual sin, do you? I think you don’t because if he, soon to be the head of your household, gets involved in premarital sexual sin, the foundation of your marriage gets shaky; and it takes lots of tears and prayers to keep that foundation stable.
- If he drops you to your place after dark, love your man by saying “bye” and go to your apartment directly. Sitting there in the car, in the dark, alone, will kill him. You may be talking about how your neighbor’s cat got killed by that noisy teenage driver but your man is thinking only about sex. Forgive him. He didn’t choose to be like that. It is God who created him like that for a good purpose. So, you, his beautiful girl, soon to be his “beloved wedded wife,” love him enough by avoiding those risky situations which force you both lose your sanity.
- If he tends to give you a call at mid-night, tell him, lovingly, that you will turn off your phone after 10pm. Do you know why? Well, usually most men fall into sexual sin after mid-night. Hmm, what a coincidence! Most men love to stay up. Don’t they? Well, it is none of your business about other men but regarding your man, love him by saying to him, “My Handsome, I can only return your call before 10pm.” In this way, you encourage him to go to bed early as well as to keep him from being tempted to talk to you about sex which is the only topic most men are interested to talk about after mid-night.
- Do you really need to visit his apartment? Nah! It is boring! He only has a flat screen TV and a laptop and maybe a toaster and oh, he may have a table and a basketful of dirty laundry. That is all, means nothing exciting there unless of course you want to trip and fall on his bed accidentally. Hmm! Accidentally! Did it really happen ACCIDENTALLY? So love your man by not asking him (or refusing his invitation) to visit his apartment. Well if your friends or his friends are going to be there for example to watch “the Super Bowl” (which is gone for this year), that is cool; unless of course they decide to leave you two alone. So love your man as you protect him from being alone with you, especially in his apartment.
- Love him by not letting him touch you inappropriately. Well, after marriage, believe me; every loving touch you can get from him will be appropriate, ALWAYS. But before marriage, touching or kissing may look innocent from the outside but the truth is, they are “mini-sex acts” which are not any different from the actual sex. So love your man as you protect him from going into “the mud of lust” by not welcoming his advances to kiss and touch you.
So, love your man as you preserve all your treasures until the honeymoon night, including your first kiss. If you’ve already given all your treasures, receive your “Secondary Virginity” through a repentant lifestyle which is the most loving lifestyle you can give to the man you are planning to marry. ///